Hi. I'm back! Long time no see/talk/post...
So, working 5 days a week in an environment where there is lots of lifting, squatting, unpacking, packing, cleaning, steaming, climbing, stretching, organising and assembling, what you wear is of utmost importance. You need to maintain a comfortable work attire. I rely heavily on jeans and tees to see me through my work days. Having said that, however, I do tire of the same routine. This has lead me to investigate my wardrobe and see what it is that I'm lacking.
I found myself to be missing so many basic essentials that any working girl could need. Example given: Flat shoes. I don't wear ANY flat shoes to work, hence my incredible aching feet at days end. Well thats not entirely true, I do have a backup pair of old Cons out the back incase my feet really cant handle themselves anymore, (they're in dire straights and need replacing ASAP.)
This has lead me to compile a list of absolute essentials one should have to make up an everyday workable wardrobe. Where pieces can pile on top of one another, mix and match and co-ordinate with more trend setting purchases. Being stocked up on basics means you'll never go out of style and your investment in classic pieces will pay off in the long run.

So, working 5 days a week in an environment where there is lots of lifting, squatting, unpacking, packing, cleaning, steaming, climbing, stretching, organising and assembling, what you wear is of utmost importance. You need to maintain a comfortable work attire. I rely heavily on jeans and tees to see me through my work days. Having said that, however, I do tire of the same routine. This has lead me to investigate my wardrobe and see what it is that I'm lacking.
I found myself to be missing so many basic essentials that any working girl could need. Example given: Flat shoes. I don't wear ANY flat shoes to work, hence my incredible aching feet at days end. Well thats not entirely true, I do have a backup pair of old Cons out the back incase my feet really cant handle themselves anymore, (they're in dire straights and need replacing ASAP.)
This has lead me to compile a list of absolute essentials one should have to make up an everyday workable wardrobe. Where pieces can pile on top of one another, mix and match and co-ordinate with more trend setting purchases. Being stocked up on basics means you'll never go out of style and your investment in classic pieces will pay off in the long run.
Behold!
The perfect skinny jeans in worn out blue by Rag & bone,
Comme des Garçons long sleeve perfect for throwing on as it starts to cool down at night, or wearing during the day with cut off denim shorts.
Cult classics: Converse low top sneakers.
Balenciaga bag
Ray Ban wayfarer sunglasses.
No comments:
Post a Comment